A simple macro to send a range of email templates, prefilled with different items like your subject line, recipients, CC and BCC.
I have tested this script on Windows 8.1 running Outlook 2013.
This simple macro will reply to an email with a template of your choice. The macro will activate a listbox to appear where you can select which template to use. Depending on your settings, you can then specify who will be CC'd/BCC'd on the reply, which email account it was sent from and the subject line. More areas can be changed but I did not want to complicate things.
You can find the items necessary on my GitHub repo calvinbui/outlook-reply-with-template.
The scripts will require the following customisations:
TemplatesFolderin EmailTemplates.bas: point this to the absolute path of the templates folder
.SentOnBehalfOfNamein EmailTemplates.bas: change this to your email address you are sending from.
.CCin EmailTemplates.bas: change this to whoever you want to CC on the email.
- In Outlook, press ALT+F11 to open Visual Basic
- Go to File > Import File, a pop-up will appear to choose which files to import
EmailTemplates.basfrom the repo. The module will be added under the Modules folder.
- Go to File > Import File again and select
EmailTemplatesForm.frmwithin the same folder
- Go to Tools > References and tick the
Microsoft Word #### Object Librarythen click 'OK'.
- You can now close all the Visual Basic windows to get back into Outlook.
- Right click the Ribbon and select 'Customize the Ribbon…'
- Select 'Macros' under the 'Choose commands from:' dropdown on the left-hand column
- Create a ‘New Group’ on the right column where you would like the buttons to appear.
- Select the
Project1.EmailTemplatesmacro on the left hand side and click the 'Add' button to add them to the ribbon
- Click on each Macro once it has been added and click on the ‘Rename’ button to change its label and icon.
- Click OK when finished
- Write a new email in Outlook
- Save the email as an ‘.oft’ file in one of the folders your
- The template will now appear automatically in the dropdown list